Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Tort Law Musings

Via my housemate, the following hypothetical:

At some point in the near future gay marriage becomes more widely recognized (say, in at least one of the following states: Hawaii, Illinois, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, South Dakota, or Utah). Two men marry, but after years of wedded bliss one is converted by a neighbor to a fundamentalist Christian sect and becomes an "ex-gay." If the neighbor intended to "cure" his neighbor of his sexuality by instigating the religious conversion, can the neighbor be sued for the tort of alienation of affection?
blog comments powered by Disqus