Monday, May 09, 2005

Man's Woman?

I'm definitely not in the same blogging league as Belle and Amanda, but I've usually thought of myself as more of a man's woman. This is mostly a hangover from grade school, when I had no female friends at all. As I've gotten older, it's become easier to relate to other women, but I'm still not very good at it. Last summer, the most fun I had at a firm lunch was with two young-ish male associates and my guy officemate. They were a little raucous, willing to push the envelope, confrontational. My mixed and all-female lunches were a lot more subdued. I am more bold and brassy when I am around only men. Women intimidate me with their silences.

Then again, the most-commented post on this blog of late was one on where to buy sundresses, so maybe I'm kidding myself.
blog comments powered by Disqus