Monday, January 03, 2005

I hate my mailman.

As I have mentioned before, I have a feud with my mailman. He never closes the lid on our mailbox and thus any mail on wet days gets ruined. The local post office also gave me problems at the end of the summer when I wasn't going to be home; they returned all my mail to sender because they decided I didn't live there anymore (the subletters has taken my name off the box and not replaced it). To avoid such issues, I carefully arranged to have the mail held during Christmas break. The Post Office lets you do this online; select a start date, an end date, and give them your address on a handy webform, and all you have to do is be home when the mailman comes on the end date to accept your mail (this avoids a trip to the post office to pick it up).

But did my evil postman deliver my mail today, the selected end date? No. So I have to go to the damn post office tomorrow, and they will probably claim to have no idea what I'm talking about because I did it online, and if they do they will claim that it's out for delivery/was already supposed to be delivered -- unless, of course, they returned it all to sender again.

Bastards. Government monopolies must be destroyed. I demand an alternative to my passive aggressive mailman. He is probably using my credit card bills to insulate his house or something. The ones he doesn't leave in a soggy lump in the bottom of my open mailbox, of course.

blog comments powered by Disqus