Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Milking it

I love milk. I grew up drinking it at least once per day: big, chilly glasses of whole milk, full of delicious fat. In college I caved to the pressure of impending weight gain and gradually weaned myself onto 2% through a process of mixing decreasing proportions of my beloved whole milk with the less tasty lowfat versions. Now I even buy 1% on occasion, but only if it's to be used mostly for cooking or cereal. I still treasure my treats of frosty whole milk from time to time.

So these obnoxious lawsuit-hawking fearmongers can bugger off sideways as far as I'm concerned. Don't like milk? Makes your tummy hurt? Don't drink it. But keep your mitts off my Chunky Monkey ice cream, my cheddar cheese, and especially my glass of milk. I don't go on a litigious rampage every time I find out something heavily promoted doesn't agree with me. (Aleve makes me spew like Regan in The Exorcist, but I'm not petitioning the FDA about it.) What next, vegans and Hindus suing to enjoin those "Beef: It's What's For Dinner" commercials?
blog comments powered by Disqus