Friday, June 17, 2005

Friday Spies: US Magazine Edition

1. Which relationship will last longer, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie ("Brangelina"), or Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes ("TomKat")?

TomKat, because Angelina's a wild one, untameable. She's drawn in Brad with her cute adopted kid and promises of family bliss, but if Brad thinks he's going to get to plant a baby in Angelina he's got a surprise coming. And since he seems like the kind of dumb, biology obsessed wannabe dad who ultimately just wants his genes passed on, the affair will die.

TomKat, on the other hand, looks to be successful. He's converted her to Scientology (a stumbling block for his previous Catholic partners) and has a wedding lined up already.

2. Less importantly, which will have nuclear bombs first, North Korea or Iran?

Iran, if only because they have more trading opportunities.

3. What is your dream car?

I currently have a super deluxe old lady mobile of a Cadillac (it waits for me in Houston, alas), but I have this sick fascination with those Lexus SUVs. You know, the ones that look more like fancypants station wagons than trucks. But I really just want a Toyota sedan, because dream cars get good gas mileage.

4. What book have you read the most times?

Good question. I read the Oz books obsessively as a kid, but nothing has had the staying power of Edith Hamilton's Mythology, which I read first around age 7 or 8 and have read at least annually ever since. Stephen King's It is probably also a close contender, as is Watership Down.

5. Are you a matchmaker?

If I am, I'm a stunningly bad one. After three years of trying, I was never able to find a match for my housemate.
blog comments powered by Disqus