Monday, July 18, 2005

It's All Downhill From Here

Sorry for the lack of posting of late; yesterday was my 25th birthday and thus we were out and about for much of the day. We went to the Phillips Collection, which was deeply disappointing due to the majority of the collection being "on vacation" while they renovate. Two lovely Degas works were on display, and a snowy landscape by Augustus Tack captured my eye for some time, but nearly everything viewable was from the Hiroshige exhibition, which left me totally cold. We stopped by the National Gallery as a bracing antidote, but by the time we exited the cumulative effect of traipsing around so much and the heat had utterly enervated us, so we adjourned to Giant for supplies and made a birthday cake (recipe from How To Cook Everything unfortunately not online).

Dinner was at Bistro D'Oc, as I'd realized at some point that I'd never eaten French food when I was not in France. Their seafood risotto is divine. Eat there now.

Anyway, today marks the first day of the rest of my life, which will come to an abrupt end when I sit down for the bar exam next week and immediately fall over dead from a heart attack. At least I will have had plenty of cake before perishing.
blog comments powered by Disqus