Friday, July 22, 2005

Friday Spies: Navel Gazing Edition

The BTQ Boys bring you . . . Friday Spies!

1. Why did you start blogging?

Because reading dozens of blogs wasn't enough of a time-suck? Because I wanted to be able to enter the discourse as more than a mere commenter-wench? Because my old website died and I wanted a new one?

2. Are the reasons you blog now the same as when you started? If not, what's changed?

I think I started out trying to get attention. Now I blog mostly to amuse myself, and out of some sense of obligation to continuity (like a plant you keep watering, just so you don't fail and let it die).

3. What would make blogging better for you?

If I didn't have to spend so much time online to get things to blog about. I'm going to fail the bar and it will be all this blog's fault.

4. Do you have comments on your blog? Why or why not? Do you comment on other blogs? What motivates you to post a comment?

I have comments because I like to have concrete evidence that people are reading and are moved to action (anger?) by what I say. Having comments also seems to drive up traffic, and I'm a traffic hound just like everyone else. I comment on other blogs if they really tick me off, or if they say something demonstrably false and I can show them up, or if I like the writer and want to form a connection. I don't email strange bloggers, as a rule; email is more presumptuous and formal than leaving a comment, and I don't take liberties that way.

5. What is your philosophy of the blogroll?

I don't have a blogroll as such. I used to sort links into law students, CMCers, and other, but now that I'm not a student and most of the CMC blogs went belly up, it's contracted to a mere smattering. The sites on my sidebar are those I read most often, most highly recommend, or which I like to espouse some connection with.
blog comments powered by Disqus