Sunday, March 06, 2005

50 Book Challenge #16: Promethea Book I

I wasn't going to count this as a 50 Book Challenge entry because it's so short, but my boyfriend convinced me that accurate representation of my reading habits is superior to picking and choosing.

Promethea is not as good as Moore's League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, which had more of a self contained narrative and more engaging characters (although selecting some of the most memorable figures of fantastic literature gives League a marked advantage on this score). I thought Moore would be really groundbreaking and have a middle-aged, portly female superhero, but this imagining of Promethea is only temporary, and quickly she becomes a more conventional looking heroine. There are still lots of mysteries swirling at the end of Book I, and if I can easily procure the next volume I might continue reading. Then again, maybe I should focus on Federal Jurisdiction.

Off to campus to read and write (no 'rithmatic: I am a law student).
blog comments powered by Disqus