Thursday, June 24, 2004

Unwarranted fears

Yesterday I turned in a memo that had been looming over me since the first day of work. It dealt with an area of law I had never encountered before, even in the most general or elliptical sense, and involved a great deal of research that confirmed, on a daily basis, how little I understood about how such transactions operate, the applicable (and changing) legal standards, and where the case law in all the different jurisdictions was going.

Today I got a call from the partner and went upstairs to review the memo with a fearful heart. Of course, it all turned out much better than I thought; he liked it and wants me to do some deeper research for a follow-up.

*sigh of relief*

Being a summer associate is nerve-wracking sometimes. It's not all lunches and wine-tastings.
blog comments powered by Disqus