Thursday, January 12, 2006

Workin' at the court house

"Car Wash" needs surprisingly little modification to be altered into a song about my life:

Woo
You might not ever get rich
But let me tell ya it's better that diggin' a ditch.
There ain't no tellin' who ya might meet.
A movie star or maybe even an Indian Chief.

(Workin' at the) court house.
Workin' at the court house yeah!
Come on and sing it with me court house.
Get with the feelin' y'all court house yeah.

Come summer the work gets kind a hard
This ain't no place to be if ya planned on being a star.
Let me tell you it's always cool
And the boss don't mind sometimes if ya act a fool.

At the court house
Talkin' about the court house yeah!
Come on and sing it for me court house.
court house yeah!

(Work and work) Well those cases never seem to stop comin'.
(Work and work) Keep those stenographers hummin'
(Work and work) my fingers to the bone
(Work) at five I can't wait 'til it's time to go home
Hey
get your case argued today.
Be indigent and you don't have to pay.
Come on and give us a play.
Hear your case right away.

court house talkin' about the court house yeah!
Woo court house

Those cases never seems to stop comin'
Well
I say
Keep those stenographers hummin'
blog comments powered by Disqus