I saw this meme floating around and decided to embrace it.
1. Ursula K. LeGuin: As one of the CT commenters quipped, "Wonderful stage sets. Shame about the cardboard cut outs."
2. Stephen King: Like Robin Williams, he was better when he was on drugs.
3. Lois McMaster Bujold: meh.
4. Gene Wolfe: against my better judgment, I read Sword & Citadel. That was enough.
5. Jacqueline Carey: After the Banewreaker debacle and her disappointing return to alternative-history smut, I've thrown in the towel.
Your additions welcome.