Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Mmm, sentient creatures

I have eaten whale sashimi. It was delicious, but I felt oddly guilty. It was not sufficiently superior to tuna or steak tartare that I would pay the premium again. At least the whale was probably killed humanely; my consumption took place in Iceland, not Japan.

Would you eat whale? Dog? Dolphin (you probably have already)? I don't know if I'd eat dog, but I have eaten horse and am a horse owner (again, in Iceland - those cold hearted islanders love to eat strange things).

UPDATE: For your viewing displeasure, I present Proposition 6. The voters of the great state of California succeeded in banning the sale of horsemeat for human consumption because "horse slaughter is not and never will be part of our culture." Bah.
blog comments powered by Disqus