Thursday, October 06, 2005

Law Abiding Libertarians

Jason Kuznicki has a great post on the politics of junk. To say it's about the vulnerability of the underground economy and overweening government regulation is to make it sound grandiose, but do read it. This part resonated with me, a fellow law-abiding libertarian:
"It's a paradox of my own life, for instance, that my excessive respect for and deference to authority has made me a thoroughgoing libertarian. When I am told to do something, I obey. When I am criticized, I accept. When I am presented with a law or a regulation or a rule, I comply almost to the verge of autism."
Compare:
"If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary."
blog comments powered by Disqus