Thursday, August 07, 2008

Another relationship poll/open thread

How can you get to the age of 25 or 30 and still be fundamentally out of touch with the concept of passionate, romantic love? How can you never have fallen in love?* Do you just never talk to people, meet people, interact? The world is full of people you could fall in love with, all of them irreplaceable and unique, and forgoing each could inspire a different regret.

* One of my friends is running into people like this repeatedly in her dating life, and I'm starting to wonder if I am closer to the emo end of the spectrum than to the Vulcan mindset I aspire to. I have been with men who "didn't know what love means, anyway," but just as often or more frequently I dated guys who seemed to have listened to a little too much Boyz II Men or were proclaiming their adoration before the first bouquet of flowers had wilted.
blog comments powered by Disqus