Monday, January 28, 2008

Eat your vegetables.

1. I should watch the new Romanian abortion movie.

2. At no point will I ever be sitting around and say to myself, "You know what I'm in the mood for? A Romanian abortion movie."

I couldn't get through the last depressing Romanian movie I tried to watch, so that doesn't bode well.

Also on movies: I rented Once and turned it off less than a minute in because the guy's voice was awful. I guess that cinches it: I hate musicals.

I watched Volver instead, and that was okay, although not as interesting as Talk To Her. Almodóvar sure does like rape as a plot point. Brief shout-out to my home town: the character with cancer is offered a trip to Houston because "they cure everything there." Was this intended as commentary on Spanish health care?
blog comments powered by Disqus