Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Curiouser and curiouser

Today at work I got an unusual phone call. Someone identifying himself as _____, from the D.C. Fraternal Order of Police, called me up to ask for money. I usually put phone solicitors off by saying I prefer to donate by mail (who wants to give credit card info to strangers on the phone?), but he said that their procedure was to put you down for a pledge by phone and then send a officer to personally deliver your receipt for the donation.

Since I didn't want a cop to come to my office, I said no.

Nobody else that I talked to at my firm has received this kind of solicitation. And I've never heard of personally dispatching police officers to process donations to the FOP. My mother gave for years and they just sent her a receipt and decals in the mail.
blog comments powered by Disqus