Friday, April 01, 2005

Friday Spies

But before the paper comes the procrastination! Hence Friday Spies.

1. Have you ever been in a car wreck?

I was a passenger in a freeway accident in high school. The driver had already missed the exit for the beach twice and crossed the double yellow stripey wedge bit so he wouldn't do so a third time and smacked a minivan, causing us to spin completely around, hit a traffic sign, and send said sign flying through the air to hit the minivan behind us. We sustained no injuries and needed only to pry the wheel well away from the tire to carry on. The minivan had a bashed side and some damage to the roof from being hit by the flying sign, and an elderly passenger broke her arm. I had to convince the ambulance drivers that they could release me without my mother's consent (she was at work), but after an hour or two of sorting things out we proceeded to the beach, where my ex-boyfriend and his younger buddy frolicked about in some sexually ambiguous way and I lolled on the sand.

After getting my own license, I put my car in a ditch trying to keep from running over a cat crossing the road. I did a 360, got a good look at the terrified driver behind me, and slid neatly off the road to straddle the grassy culvert. Tons of people stopped to help, one of whom was a former tow truck driver who pronounced my axel sound but noted that I had hit and killed a rat in the tall grass, thus making me an animal killer despite my evasive maneuvers. The only damage was a broken license plate holder.

2. Sunrise or sunset?

Sunset. More fun happens then, on average.

3. If you could change, amend, delete, or pass one law, what would it be?

I would repeal the Sherman Act.

4. What is your favorite single article of clothing?

I have a black dress I bought in Paris that is slinky without being embarassingly clingy, sparkly around the neck without being gaudy, and which strikes a good balance between concealing and revealing. Every woman should have a dress that makes her feel this sexy.

5. If you could/had to spend the day hanging out with another blogger
(one you don't already know), who would it be and what would you do?

If it wouldn't be so intimidating, I'd say an afternoon of cooking with Belle Waring would be a lot of fun, but since that would only end up with me covered in flour and embarassed, I'll say a leisurely chat/pop psychoanalysis session with the Slithery D. There's a lot of fodder for discussion there.
blog comments powered by Disqus