Monday, November 01, 2004

20 Things

Inpired by other bloggers: some things about me you probably didn't know.

1. The last book I read was Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell.
2. I own a first edition of Capitalism: the Unknown Ideal.
3. I was kicked out of nursery school for punching another kid in the nose.
4. At age five, I heard public service announcements that said drinking and driving was dangerous and I warned my mother not to drink iced tea in the car.
5. My room is adorned with a Van Gogh, a Pre-Raphaelite painting of Ophelia, two Tamara DeLempickas, and a photo of the Brooklyn Bridge.
6. I am terribly allergic to Christmas trees.
7. I have never smoked a cigarette. A cigar, yes.
8. Trick or treaters scare me.
9. For several years, my main source of income was babysitting. Then three of my repeat clients disassembled a volleyball net and decided to play “smack the nanny” with segments of PVC pipe. I quit.
10. When I get angry, I tend to stomp.
11. I have had men fight over me using a Risk game as a surrogate.
12. At one time my hair was waist-length.
13. When I am nervous, I rearrange books and knick-knacks.
14. For about a year in high school, I attended HOS meetings.
15. I sing little songs all day long. Sometimes they are about cheese.
16. I like the smell of Lemon Pledge a lot.
17. The name of this blog is also my senior yearbook caption from college.
18. I have never read Moby Dick, the source for the tagline of this blog.
19. Nate & Hayes is my favorite pirate movie.
20. At the Baptist summer camp I attended for several years, they made us nail scraps of paper with prayers written on them to a giant wooden cross in the middle of the forest. I think mine was about my dog.
blog comments powered by Disqus