Friday, January 16, 2009

Presumably this is why it's a question in online dating profiles.

On the revelatory power of one's favorite film:
Do your ever finally see one of your exes’ favorite movies and suddenly say, “OH. I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE”?

I always avoid doing this while actually dating someone, but after the fact, I always wish I’d gotten the warning sooner.

...

One of the things I find fascinating ... is how wonderfully interesting someone can seem until you figure out what their primary aesthetic influence is. You’d like to think this would not make the entirety of their charm null, but it sort of does, especially when it seems to arise from a singular source.
Annoyingly aping one's primary aesthetic influence: sign of immaturity or inevitable human failing?
blog comments powered by Disqus