Friday, August 26, 2005

Seen and Heard III

On road signs: "Keep Moving: Change Lanes Later" and "Speed Limit 35 NO TOLERANCE." That's why it's a limit, right?

From the crazy man in Burger King: Methuselah lived to be 900 years old because he was a vegetarian, so the crazy man is a vegetarian. So why is he in Burger King? I was sitting there, minding my own business and eating a big hunk of beef when this loud old man wandered in and started chatting with the staff. I thought how nice and friendly people are here and how if I were still in Boston the only people who would come in and talk to everyone in a fast food restaurant would be crazy homeless men. I thought this guy was a friendly regular until he plopped down across from me and started meandering about his high school girlfriend's legs and the Old Testament. So: people here: just as crazy as in Boston, but with homes.

You have to pay to park at the library here. This is unAmerican, in my opinion--almost as unAmerican as the fact that Blockbuster video does not carry the Buffy TV series for rental. I knew there was a reason Netflix had my business. Not that either could do me any good here, as I will not have a TV delivered until next Friday. Augh.
blog comments powered by Disqus