Saturday, September 05, 2009

When tithing just won't cut it?

Why does the Catholic Church charge for annulments? If it is to recoup the cost of various courses and sessions ... does it also charge for the counseling and sessions couples do prior to marriage? For the education required to undergo confirmation? I'm not Catholic so I don't really know, but my impression is that they don't. When folks talk about getting married, they complain about the prices of flowers and podiums and centerpieces, but I've never heard anyone grouse about the cost of Pre-Cana.

Are there other things that churches charge for? Does your minister charge for acting as a wedding officiant? Scientology charges for everything beyond those lame "personality tests" but I thought that most religious services are free.
blog comments powered by Disqus