Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Precious moments

Crying at work = totally fine. At least if you're the CEO of Microsoft.

Probably my most terrible crying-at-work experience was when I locked myself out of my apartment on my second day of clerking with a sick cat, drove to work listening to a really ominous voicemail from my then-boyfriend, called him from the parking garage at eight-thirty in the morning so he could tell me that he cheated on me, and then cried in my car until I gave myself a nosebleed. Some people cry photogenically, but I swell and turn colors and generally look like a hot mess. To the eternal credit of my judge and fellow clerks, they didn't say anything, then or any of the other times over the next week or two that I had to take a little break to sob uncontrollably in the bathroom.
blog comments powered by Disqus