Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Silver and Gold

Megan's friend inventory is pretty depressing, and would be more so if I could ever figure out what people mean when they say "friend." Someone you'd invite to a wedding or whose wedding you'd attend? Someone you talk to for hours on the phone? Someone you would call if you needed a ride to the hospital or a place to crash? Someone who comes to your parties and hangs out? No matter how you define it, I don't have that many friends. Grade school: zip. High school: zip. College: a handful, most of whom I keep in touch with solely through email and Google Chat. Law school: I occasionally email or see a few people. Most of my friends and acquaintances are from blogging at this point. When I was growing up I usually had one best friend, a couple of decent friends, and that was it. It's hard to make friends these days.
blog comments powered by Disqus