Thursday, October 21, 2004

Modern art I don't hate

In the wake of my rant about Jeff Koons, I thought I would highlight some modern artists that I do appreciate.

Like Curtis, I enjoy Calder's mobiles. Lucien Freud is a modern painter whose work I enjoy.

While I'm not excited about any of this year's Turner Prize nominees (although this is somewhat pleasing to the eye). I do love the pottery of Grayson Perry, last year's winner.

Alas for the pokey reopening schedule of the MOMA. I had anticipated seeing the collection (I never went out to Queens last summer) and the new building. However, flyout week has been scheduled inconveniently and I'll have to make do with the Guggenheim.

UPDATE: This young woman has strong opinions about some modern artists as well.
blog comments powered by Disqus