Monday, May 05, 2008

CamelCase

Things are going well so far. I've seen many of the standard tourist sights (the Pyramids, the Sphinx, the royal mummies). There are photos of me on a camel. I have one foot that has been entirely devoured by camel fleas, giant mosquitos, or some unknown creature. We are currently at Aswan waiting for our Nile River cruise to begin. I've bought souvenirs that already make me shake my head (what am I going to do with this much perfume or this many papyrus scrolls?) and will no doubt buy more during tonight's scheduled trip to the market. However, my shopping may be impeded by extreme irritation, as we are to be assigned "husbands" to accompany us. Apparently women should not be without male companionship at any time. I am currently alone in the internet cafe across the street from our boat, so if this is the last thing I ever write, track down Farhaad (sp?). If nothing terrible happens, I will be waking up at the crack of dawn tomorrow to fly to Abu Simbel.
blog comments powered by Disqus