Friday, October 03, 2008

Stuff and nonsense

Statements that caught my eye:

"Country music is all about being cheated on, rap music is all about doing the cheating."

"[I]f I put in an ad something like "Mickey says your mental muscle must be this tall to go on this ride," I'm going to get pilloried in ways that a guy specifying measurements or hair color will not (since that's, after all, "natural," and part of the background radiation of the universe)."


"If a young woman once thinks herself handsome, she never doubts the truth of any man that tells her he is in love with her; for she believes herself charming enough to captivate him, ’tis natural to expect the effects of it."

Unrelatedly, I am trying to convince Belle to do a Rhubarb-Pie-style epistolary blog exchange as an experiment, but wanted to test the waters of reader interest. It would be . . . rhubarby, minus sugar.
blog comments powered by Disqus