Friday, July 30, 2004

New Mieville

Crooked Timber advises me that the new China Mieville book is out. Reviews are mixed, but it's a Bas-Lag book so I'll slog through it despite the Marxist revolutionary nonsense. The only problem is how to fit this into my reading schedule. School starts the week after I return from Europe and I still haven't read Song of Susannah, The Confusion, the last half of Ada, Possession, and another half a dozen books.

On a related note, discussing the relative believability of the last seventy pages of Middlesex, specifically with respect to the likelihood of a teenage intersexed runaway who worked in a San Francisco sex club subsequently getting a State Department job overseas, is probably an unwise topic for mealtime conversation. Especially if the lunch speaker is present.
blog comments powered by Disqus