Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Things are heating up

Yesterday was pretty intense. I still haven't heard back from the partner about the submission, but no news is probably good news: no "see me" emails in my inbox this morning. Today will be spent puzzling through the tax code (how much is tax like a choose your own adventure book, or maybe a text based computer game?). Tax I like for the same reason I like accounting; you get to play with numbers until you get the answer you knew you wanted in advance. There might be a maximizing solution, but it's likely that no one can agree what that is, so the only wrong answers are ones that make your client lose in Tax Court or get mad at you for causing him to pay more than he had to.

Tomorrow, unless I am utterly baffled by the tax project and have to skip it, will be our Habitat for Humanity day. Of course this means that the relatively cool weather is slipping away and it will be in the high 80s or 90s for the rest of the week. Mmm, working outside in the heat. At least the cicadas are disappearing too.
blog comments powered by Disqus